KETO Low Carb Vegetarian Quiche
I am so excited to share this amazing recipe with you. CarbZone sent me their amazing organic almond flour and I have been experimenting with different quiches and I am so happy with this one! It tastes out of this world! It has very amazing, easy to make low carb base, creamy cheesy filling with loads of my favorite veggies inside and topped with fresh basil.
If we had used normal white flour in the pie crust it would have contained 3 x 75 grams of carbohydrates for a whopping 225 grams of carbohydrates. Now we use CarbZone organic almond flour and instead this pie crust only contains 15 grams of carbohydrate. That is a saving of 210 grams of carbs. Is that not fantastic?
This is how easy it is to make a low carb and keto pie for your low carb lifestyle. It is perfect for those who are leading a healthy lifestyle and want to enjoy the best food with a healthier option.
I am so happy to have collaborated with CarbZone. The company was created in Stockholm Sweden in 2003. They are one of the leading producers of low carb & keto products in the world with sales in 15 countries. The almond flour is organic. They buy it from the best producers in Europe. This flour I used for this low carb keto quiche was from Spain. All CarbZone products are vegetarian or vegan and contain no artificial flavors! You can check out their website and products here!
I cannot wait for you to try this yummy keto low carb quiche and tell me what you think!
Low Carb Keto Almond Crust
- 150 gr OR 1.3 cups organic almond flour (carbzone)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 30 gr OR 2.5 tbsp butter (cold)
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 170C/340F.
- In a food processor, mix together the almond flour, salt, cold butter and egg. Mix for few minutes and then form the dough on your counter.
- I am using 18 cm/ 7 inch pan with loose base. Spray cooking oil, or use butter around your pan. Then press mixture into the base of your quiche dish and spread it evenly on the base and around the sides.
- Gently prick the pie with a fork all over, so it doesn’t rise from air bubbles.
- Bake the base for 10-15 minutes.
- 200 gr OR 3/4 cup double/heave cream
- 3 eggs
- 200 gr OR 1.5 cups of mozzarella/cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp bbq seasoning/chilli (optional)
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 10-15 mixed cherry tomatoes
- 2 small mushrooms
- Fresh Basil leaves
- In a bowl, add eggs, cream, mustard, salt, spices and whisk all together. Then add cheese and mix again.
- Chop all the vegetables into small pieces.
- Once the crust is baked, gently pour the cream mixture, then spread the vegetables evenly.
- Place the quiche back in the oven at 180 C/ 350 F and bake for 30 to 45 minutes, the quiche is ready when the centre no longer jiggles when moved. This can take shorter or longer times depending on your oven.
- Remove from the oven, loosen the sides with a knife and set aside. Take the quiche out of the form 10 min later gently. Leave the quiche to chill for at least few hours in the fridge before cutting.
- Enjoy! This is how easy it is to make a low carb and keto pie for your low carb lifestyle.