Salmon Poke Rice Bowl
Mar 16, 2021
This is my second video of my Thai Rice Menu Campaign. This campaign has been amazing and I'm so glad so many of you have helped raise awareness about local farmers that produce the highest quality rice. But we can still keep going!
Congratulations to the winners of the 1st round of the “Thai Rice … My Menu” Campaign.
Round 2 is starting now until 15th April! Simply share your favorite dish made with “Thai Rice” with us for a chance to win a gift voucher from your local Thai restaurant. Let’s get cooking!!
Today I will show you how to make a super healthy salmon poke rice bowl using fragrant Thai rice. I am using the premium rice from Thailand is "THAI HOM MALI RICE. What I love about it is the aroma, soft texture, and great taste! It has also just won the title of the World's Best Rice 2020. If you are not sure you are consuming good quality rice, look out for the green logo is to guarantee the authentic and premium quality of THAI HOM MALI rice.
Rice is really nutritious, full of fiber, calcium, and vitamins. It should be a big part of your diet and it is completely gluten-free! If you want to support this campaign and win a prize too, please follow the rules at the end of this post.
The salmon poke bowl is a perfect one-bowl meal that’s easy to make and packed with nutrition. The recipe uses an extra aromatic sauce that has the right balance of savory, sour, sweet, and spicy. The dish is quick enough to make for a weekday dinner and fancy enough to serve at your weekend dinner party. This recipe is super simple and very fresh. Served with fragrant Thai Jasmine rice, salmon, and vegetables. This serves 2-4 people.
Rice & Salmon Bowl
- 200 gr Thai Jasmine Rice
- 400 gr plus more for rinsing
- 30 gr rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoons sugar
- pinch of salt
- 225 gr wild caught sushi grade salmon fillet
- 1 avocado
- 1 green onion (optional)
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp teaspoon black sesame seeds
- Nori sheet/seaweed
- 25gr mayonnaise
- 45 gr soy sauce
- 15 gr sesame oil
- 15 gr Sriracha sauce
- 30 gr lemon juice
- Pepper (optional)
- Add the Thai Jasmine rice to a fine mesh strainer and submerge in a bowl filled with cold water. Shake the rice, use your hands a few times to remove excess starch.
- Transfer the rice to a medium pot and add water. Cover the pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid and fluff the rice with a fork or rice paddle. Transfer the rice to a large bowl.
- Mix together the rice vinegar, sugar, and salt and pour over the rice while still hot. Gently fold the rice to incorporate. Cover and set aside until ready to assemble the bowl.
- Using a very sharp knife, gently slice the salmon fillet into ½-inch (1 cm) cubes.
- Make the sauce by mixing together the mayonnaise, soy sauce, sesame oil, Sriracha, lemon juice and black pepper. Put the salmon into a bowl, then pour over the sauce and mix well.
- To assemble, place a few spoonfuls of rice into a medium bowl. Top the rice with the seasoned salmon, avocado, cucumber, radish, green onions, seaweed, toasted sesame seeds, and black sesame seeds.
***Terms & Conditions for the campaign***
This campaign only opens for participants outside of Thailand.
To take part simply follow these step :
Make a video clip using THAI RICE to cook any dishes of your choice.
Clearly show the message “Product of Thailand” on the package.
Post the clip on your Facebook or Youtube and set it to “Public”.
Tag Facebook page “Think Rice Think Thailand” and use the hashtag #ThaiRiceMyMenu #ThinkRiceThinkThailand
The winner of each month will be selected from the clip that has the most views and shares of the month.
1. The 1st will get 300 USD Voucher
2. The 2nd will get 200 USD Voucher
4. The winner will be announced on Facebook page “Think Rice Think Thailand”.
Only participants who meet all of the above criteria will be eligible.