Hello bakers! Today I will show you how easy it is to make these super cute and delicious mini chocolate pavlovas in my new Tefal Cake Factory!
Pavlovas are meringues baked (or more accurately “dried out”) until the outside hardens, but the inside remains soft. They are traditionally relatively large (about 8 to 10 inches in diameter) and served with whipped cream and berries. I like to make mini pavlovas and in this instance, have made it with chocolate topped with extra chocolate sauce.
Meringues are probably my all-time favorite thing to make, and I think I’ve worked out why. Most people have this misguided idea that making your own meringues is both really difficult, and a tonne of effort. Well, I’m here to tell you otherwise.
I think these little chocolate meringue nests would be pretty much perfect with any filling, so give them a go next time you have some double cream to use up. Add some berries, or just go wild and drizzle with more melted chocolate and caramel sauce.
I was sent a mini oven, especially for cakes by Tefal! Oh god it's a dream! When my Tefal Cake Factory arrived I wasn’t sure what to expect but it is such a great baking accessory to have in the kitchen. I use it when i want something small and easy, what I love about the oven, is that it doesn’t require pre-heating. My sister is not a baker, and she loves it, because it seems less intimidating and much easier to use.
This is the second recipe that I am trying, one of my favorite desserts! I downloaded the free Cake Factory app for my phone and found it really easily. I was delighted to see that there is an option to go step-by-step where the app walks you through the recipe.
I got all my ingredients ready and off I went! It was so straightforward and really easy to follow. Everyone loved it, my neighbors and my sister.
The Cake Factory app has over 200 FREE recipes to get you started and I have made this easy step-by-step video for the chocolate mini pavlovas on my YouTube channel. I now challenge Eats Amazing to bake the Scones in their Cake Factory, good luck!
Total Time: 3 h 20 min
For the meringue
For the cream
For the chocolate sauce
1. Beat the eggs until stiff with a stand mixer. When the egg whites are light and airy, add the sugar and continue beating for 5 minutes until they are smooth and shiny.
2. Gently mix in the icing sugar and cocoa with a soft spatula. Place in a piping bag fitted with a star-shaped piping nozzle.
3. Oil the mold, Pipe 4 larger meringues. Put mold in the cake factory.
4. Start the program for the meringues. Then allow to cool down before removing from the mold.
5. Whisk the whipping cream together with mascarpone and icing sugar with an electric mixer or in the bowl of your stand mixer.
6. Continue whisking until smooth. Place the cream in a piping bag fitted with a star-shaped nozzle. Store in the fridge.
7. Add the chocolate pieces and cream into a bowl and put the bowl in the cake factory and melt the ingredients using the program and time indicated.
8. Coat the meringues with cream drizzle chocolate sauce and caramel sauce. Or use berry sauce as I did. Finish by adding the chocolate shavings and sprinkles. Store in the fridge until its time to serve. Enjoy!
This post is sponsored by Tefal.